16 March 2011

Strange times call for strange measures

Currently there are two guys replacing the door to our apartment, which is kind of noisy and really weird. I was going to eat lunch now, but the kitchen is like, right there in the room where that door is, so instead I am going to blog to y'all.

So yesterday I got on the 5:30 bus to Animal Kingdom and got there at 6:00. I was going to a backstage tour of Expedition Everest for just Polynesian and Grand Floridian Merchandise Cast Members. At 6 in the morning the sun is not up yet, it is really dark and creepy at Animal Kingdom, everything is wet because the parks get power washed at night, and there was no mood music. You know, the Animal Kingdom music that's all jungle-y and animal-like so it's kind of musical and kind of creepy. Yeah, that music wasn't on when I got there, but turned on after I was standing under a street light for about half an hour.

Animal Kingdom sign in the early freaking morning
Our tour started at 7, so we went into the park at like 6:45 and walked back to Expedition Everest.

Then we climbed a million and a half stairs because there are no elevators in the Forbidden Mountain.

And then at the part where the tracks are ripped up and you're really high up and stuff, we walked all the way to the top of that. Of course I was at the very front, up top, where there is no railing, and a narrow stair case. Then I took these pretty pictures of the sunrise.




And, I worked at the Boardwalk too. With no training. It was awkward and weird and yes. And I have to go work again soon too, so I'm leaving you with this picture.

The view of Animal Kingdom from the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment