02 April 2011

I actually did cool things on my day off today

So I went on a backstage tour of The Great Movie Ride today and it was super awesome.
Our lovely group
 I was on the wait list, but it worked out, and it was funny because I met some people when I was waiting to find out if there was room for me (the guy in the blue next to me and the girl next to him)  and they were super ready to stand up for me to get on the van if people showed up late to take my spot. They were super nice. Apparently everything was super.

So we had two guides, Jon and Thomas, and they were not only nice, but also attractive, which you know, was nice. I don't have any pictures of them in their original clothes, but we'll get to that later. So we walked through the ride and it was amazing.
Singing in the Milk
Mary Poppins is a Timelord
Everyone loves James Cagney
AND THEN, and then, obviously at this point we were in Gangster country, and then SUDDENLY JON SHOWS UP AND IS MOXY AND STEALS THE TOUR GROUP.

Jon made a wonderful Gangster
Jon stole the tour from Thomas and it was lovely
I hope you can tell that Jon was a very handsome Gangster, because he was
And then Jon finished the show and told us all about the scene and stuff, all nonchalant  

So then we moved on, with Jon the Gangster as our guide, and entered the Western section of the ride where we stopped and took pictures and Jon told us about stuff.
I didn't get a picture with Jon in Western town, but my friend John did, so here they are
AND SUDDENLY, THOMAS TAKES OVER THE TOUR FROM JON, AND THEY HAD AN EPIC BATTLE OF EPICNESS. I MEAN, SERIOUSLY, THE BANDIT STOLE THE TOUR GROUP FROM THE GANGSTER AND I DIED OF AWESOME.
Look though, how amazing are they?
Best moment of my life
Previous picture is now my desktop. Cool story bro.

ANYWAY, moving on.
Okay, last one of epic showdown of epicness
BUT WHO GETS THIS PICTURE THOUGH
Previous picture here is of Jon the Gangster, Thomas the Bandit, and the Alien from the movie Alien. I do not like the Alien section of The Great Movie Ride. No I do not. I usually become Cousin It from the Addams Family, where my hair is all covering my face and I don't watch any of it, but we walked through it and they talked about it, and luckily the Aliens were not moving so I could be a little more brave. The ceiling Alien still freaked me out a little, and Jon and Thomas may have laughed at my fear a bit, but WHATEVER.
this is how much I care
 We did go to the Pyramid place where the Gangster or Bandit goes and tries to steal the jewel and then the tour guide comes back, but seeing how both our tour guides were Gangsters and Bandits, they just competed for it.
Thomas "won" and therefore was the one that died, and it was great and can you tell that I really loved this tour?

And then other cool things.
Munchkin in a nest, don't ask questions
This is all of us on the Yellow and Red Brick Roads
But seriously, where does the Red Brick Road go? SEQUEL!

And, after the entire walk through, which doesn't end in Oz, but I don't care because I don't have other interesting pictures of the walk through, we headed to the backstage tunnels where we couldn't take pictures. We saw the tunnel the guides take from the Gangster place and the Bandit place to get to the Pyramid place, and we saw how the door rotates from behind it and they talked about their awesome guns that all the Gangsters and Bandits get. Don't worry, they fire blanks, but they are real guns.

When we walked backstage, at one point I was like, this smells like Alien, and John was like, yep, it's right behind this wall, hear the creepy cat? And I was like, yeah, I never watch it, but I know what it sounds, feels and smells like.

Oh, and I'm facebook friends with John, not Jon the tour guide, but John, the person in that one picture who was going to fight the people to let me go on the tour. I don't know if you can see his pictures, but he has an album of 200 pictures from this tour, some of which I stole and put here in this post.

I bought the movie Tangled, also Tangled action figure things that are adorbs the other day. Also, 12 Klondike bars, only 6 of which are still in existence.

For dinner tonight, before the tour I had 2 Klondike bars, and after the tour I had strawberries, shrimp and popcorn chicken. How classy am I. Answer: super classy. Sarah and I are going to have the most awesomeist kitchen filled with random, classy food next semester and it's going to be so great and I can't even.

5 comments:

  1. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. Ok, so does this ride just go through different movie scenes and stuff? What are you riding in? It looks incredibly intriguing, but I've never heard of it. Also: you should have gotten a picture with the attractive guides. Also: how much Tangled stuff do they have at the park now? My mom got the movie I guess, but I just want Pascal. He would sit on my shoulder and make entertaining faces in response to my life. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Abby: The ride takes you through the movies, bringing you right into the action and generally you get taken over by just the Gangster, or sometimes just the Bandit, but we weren't on the actual ride so we got both. It's usually this car thing that has about 12 rows that go 6 across.

    The parks really don't have much Tangled merchandise. There are no Pascal toys, there are only the figurines of all of them, Rapunzel and Flynn Barbie sized dolls, and then the dress stuff for little girls to dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So there are live people acting in the ride?! Whaaaat. Disneyland doesn't have rides of this nature, therefore I am jealous. So it's a slow moving ride, since this car sounds kind of massive? I wanna ride it now.

    PSHHH I DON'T WANT DRESS. I WANT THE LIZARD. I am excited to see your figurines of them though. Are they like the ones Sarah has of the princesses and Princess & The Frog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Great Movie Ride moves slowly, yes, and the guide talks about each movie scene as you go through it with the exception of when they are acting, because, yes, they act and get off the car and the bank gets blown up and it's great. Oh, and the witch comes to Munchkinland and yells at you, but that's animatronic. She's actually one of the most elaborate animatronics though and she's super scary.

    The figurines are like the princess and the frog ones, yeah, they're next to each other on the shelf because they have the same kind of container.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh the guides are riding in the car with you and then get off and act?! This ride is so elaborate and intriguing. And I can't wait to see the figurines...I hope there's a Maximus. (You wrote that at 5:52am?! Oh dear.)

    ReplyDelete