20 July 2013

So, Insanity, Right?

I was sitting by the lake, staring at the water thinking about how I wish I was home but it was still pretty and trying to ignore the conversation, when I was dragged into the conversation and forced to pay attention.

First of all, no, I don't want to be set up with my great uncle's friend who goes to Eastern Michigan. Being single is FINE thank you very much grandpa.

Secondly, you know how on television they show insane people looking at a normal place and then they flash to a crazy perspective of what they see as a possibility, and then it goes back to normal? Yes, that is what I saw. I saw flashes of what our dinner would look like if I said what I was thinking, turns out silence is golden for peacekeeping.

How many worse things are there than being asked about your life and genuinely not knowing the answer? What do I want in a job? What kind of thing am I looking for? The only question that matters at all is why the hell has another year gone by where I have not been at SDCC, I mean seriously, how hard is it to get to San Diego for a week?

I haven't been doing a lot of writing because I get tired of writing after all the job applications and cover letters. They're just the worst.

Here, have a picture of me meeting Caroline Manzo and her family.


No comments:

Post a Comment