14 July 2012

I may genuinely be going insane

I watched an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender, right, and then while I was waiting for the next one to load I started reading a Doctor Who book, the King's Dragon, and then when I went back to watching Avatar I was super confused as to why Amy and Rory were not there being sassy.

THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEDIA, I should be able to tell reading a book apart from watching a cartoon.

Oh, and I answered the phone many times today without telling you how scary it was.

This one lady called and asked for some dude whose name I do not know, and therefore he does not work there because I know everyone who works with me; most of them are related to me. I asked her to repeat the name, because I wanted to be sure, right, and then told her that there was no one there by that name and she possibly had the wrong number AND SHE GOT SO AFFRONTED WITH ME and was like "This is [Company where I am working], right?" and I was all, "let me connect you to Jane, hold please." All Jane did was assure her that no one by that name worked there and re-suggest that she had the wrong number.

Now I'm not so sure I used the word affronted properly in that paragraph. You know what I mean, even if the words are improperly used.

OK, I had a weird revelation about how writing things is like reading, only you get to create the entire world instead of borrow from someone else's, so then you can change it if something seems wrong, like a dream. I mean, it's obvious that's what writing is, but in terms of people writing fanfiction, they just want something in an existing fictional universe to have been written differently, or for there to be more of it, so they write it and it seems more true than if they just have a headcanon. But ALL writing is that, and that just amazes me.

I need to buy fruit and milk, but because those are the only two things on my grocery list, and technically I have milk, just I don't like it cause it's 2%, so I really only need fruit, and let's be honest, I don't really need fruit, looks like I'm not going to the store.

That was a run on sentence. It kind of bothers me, but instead of figuring out where it went downhill I'm just going to tell you that it is bad and assure you that if I was writing a paper I would've written that much better.

Oh, but I'm running low on Dr. Pepper, so I'll have to go to the store soon, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment