17 November 2014

I think we all have a little Stockholm Syndrome

Who's that shadow holding me hostage I've been here for days
Who's this whisper telling me that I'm never gonna get away
I know they'll be coming to find me soon
But I fear I'm getting used to being held by you

Listening to this first verse isn't nearly as creepy as reading it. It sounds like a happy, cute song, reading it it's like, I don't know who's keeping me here but they keep telling me I'm never getting away.

Baby look what you've done to me           I'm hoping this isn't like, look, I'm bleeding out
Baby look what you've done now
Baby I'll never leave you if you keep holding me this way
Baby look what you've done to me    
Baby you got me tied down                      Like literally
Baby I'll never leave if you keep holding me this way

Who's this man that's holding your hand
And talking bout your eyes                          I know they're talking about themselves, but this is creepy too, like who's this other person here talking about your eyes and shit right in front of me.
Used to sing about being free but now he's changed his mind     EVEN THE CAGED BIRD SINGS

I know they'll be coming to find me soon         Also, WHO'S coming to find you soon, the FBI? Your parents? Is the last time your friends heard from you when you told them you had a date and now they think you've been kidnapped or murdered? I mean, it sounds like you have been, so they're right to be worried.
But my stockholm syndrome is in your room And Stockholm Syndrome is a condition, how is it in a room, like, are you wanting to rename it to "your room syndrome"

Yeah I feel for you     I think that should be fell for you, but hey, I didn't transcribe this, I just got it from a sketchy lyric site

Baby look what you've done to me
Baby look what you've done now
Baby I'll never leave you if you keep holding me this way    This way = chokehold
Baby look what you've done to me
Baby you got me tied down
Baby I'll never leave if you keep holding me in this way

All my life I've been on my own
I used to like to got me home     This sentence doesn't make sense, is it correct? I don't know, again, sketchy lyric site
But now together we're alone
And there's no other place I'd ever wanna go       It's pretty cold here, maybe relocate to a warmer climate with this person 'cause as long as you're together does it matter? weirdo

Baby look what you've done to me
Baby look what you've done now
Baby I'll never leave you if you keep holding me this way
Baby look what you've done to me
Baby you got me tied down
Baby I'll never leave if you keep holding me this way

Overall, more creepy sounding than I was hoping a song about Stockholm Syndrome would sound... I don't know what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment