27 January 2014

Phone calls Vs. Friendly people

People who call NET and don't know what they're doing can be super mean about it. There was a dude who was all, uh, wait, I must have the wrong number, and then he SLAMMED the phone down. And then I'm pretty sure he called back and hung up while I said good afternoon. Or, the lady who wanted to pay off her student loans, she was not happy that I was not the Department of Education's loan department.

People who come inside, however, are always really nice, even when I have to tell them that the meeting they're here for doesn't take place that day and they have to come back a different day. A guy came in asking if we sold a DVD of a special that was on, left his card, and left. He was so nice. A little hard of hearing, but nice. I'm getting ok at yelling nicely to old people.

The thing about NET is, if I type net it's the word net, but that's how it's spelled on the business cards and on television so it seems more correct. When I type NET I feel like I'm simply yelling about nets. I am not that passionate about nets.

So, about 250 employees here. Halfish are employed by UNL, the other half, the state. I'm state at the moment, but if it goes full time the job might be through UNL and I'd get an NCard again. yay.

I do not know everyone's name yet. I know some people's names really well, some people's faces really well, and for a few people I even can match those names and faces. Only one person do I know their extension by memory, but I have a cheat sheet and the ability to place people on hold while I figure out who the heck they want to talk to.

I realised I hadn't told anyone details about me at work, except maybe Christine? Because I talk to her during the day while we're both working hard and not being bored at all.

Abby, I'll never meet the people you know here, they are recluses. You can tell them to come introduce themselves, but they already got an email everyone got that said to come introduce themselves to me when I was new, and that didn't happen.

I'd volunteer to help you with your NET needs, but basically, if you come in I can say hi, and if you call I can direct your call somewhere else. I don't have much more power than that. I could change your name on the mailing list to Awesomesauce Mcgee I guess. Some of these names sound fake, but they're probably just fun names.

No comments:

Post a Comment