21 October 2011

Batman vs. Doctor Who: A Comparison

No, but they're two totally different shows that are important to me and I was thinking about this and HERE IS MY BRAIN ACTIVITY. (I'd like to point out that I'm referring to the 1966 version of Batman unless I'm clearly referring to the franchise.)

SIMILARITIES
  • I love them so much
  • The 1960s are very important to them both, but my friends like the newer versions better of both Batman and Doctor Who
  • Justice and fighting evil and shit
  • The Doctor teaches his companion stuff about the universe and how to be a better person just like Batman teaches Robin stuff because Dick Grayson is, as everyone puts it, his young ward
  • I have a favorite Doctor and a favorite Robin and a favorite Companion and a favorite Batman
  • Catwoman, the Cat nurses, they're like, Cat people, it's a similarity bitches
  • I randomly burst out laughing when I think about either of them and then people think I am insane or that I am thinking about someone I know or that I noticed something funny bur really I'm just laughing at Peter Davison screwing up his lines or Burt Ward pretending to climb up a wall that is actually a floor
  • The Doctor and Batman don't kill people

DIFFERENCES
  • My friends like Doctor Who and worry about my obsession with Batman
  • Most of the Actors that play the Doctor are like, good role models and shit, but Adam West and Burt Ward are TERRIBLE role models, you don't even know
  • Although they both have multiple actors that play the title characters, Batman doesn't acknowledge the change because it doesn't happen in the story, but Doctor Who acknowledges the new faces and EMBRACES the change
  • Also, Batman randomly decides to leave out Robin all the time even though he should be there. You don't see Doctor Who randomly leaving out the TARDIS and getting like, a sports car (it's funny because the Third Doctor mostly rode a car named Bessie because his TARDIS was locked within his time period and restrained to Earth)
  • DICK GRAYSON IS AN ACROBAT -this is not a difference, mostly a thing that is like, ah, but it's true that there are no acrobats in Doctor Who
  • There is not sexual tension between Bruce and Dick
  • The Doctor knows who Batman is, but Batman does not know who the Doctor is
Jamie is the more clingy version of Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment